System Member Application
System Member Benefits
Throughout the year we offer hundreds of classes throughout California.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Pump & Motor Control
- Hach Water Training
- AB54 Board Training
- Water Math & Water Rates
- Water System Operations & Maintenance
- Leak Detection
- Water Treatment Certification Review
- Wastewater Certification Review
- Distribution Certification Review
- Drinking Water System Security
- Cla-Val Basics
Fee classes are offered to our members at a substantial discount. Free classes are open to eligible systems.
The Association’s current technical assistance programs include the following:
- Assistance in developing State and Federally compliant Sourcewater Protection Plans.
- Circuit Rider Technical Assistance for water systems in operations, maintenance and management.
- Wastewater Training & Technical Assistance for wastewater systems in operations, maintenance and management.
- SWRCB State Revolving Fund Specialists
We have field staff who will visit you at your site to offer their assistance in the areas in which you need help.
Our members receive a variety of benefits, including:
- California Water Journal subscription (quarterly publication).
- Significant reduction in class fees.
- Significant reduction in annual EXPO registration fees.
- Product discounts through the Preferred Provider program.
- Website with resource links and industry job opportunities.
- Assistance with source water assessment & protection plans.
- Access to a competitive Ford and Chrysler Fleet vehicle purchase plan through NRWA
- Free listing on employment site.
Our annual Education and Exhibitor EXPO allows participants to earn up to 24 contact hours in 3 days . Participants enjoy good food, entertainment, great company and an introduction to the industry’s latest products all while earning required contact hours.
Our Academy of Water Education Training Center will offer training courses in a variety of topics, including Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Utility Management. Each course will consist of a minimum of 36 hours with a combination of classroom and hands on training. The regulatory aspects of each topic will be included in the classroom course content. Practical application activities will be done in the CRWA vocational training center shop area-on the actual equipment in simulated training exercises. A final examination will be given at the end of each module consisting of both written and demonstrated skills tests. All participants who attend the class will be given contact hours for those hours attended. All participants who attend the classes and pass the final exam will earn continuing education units (CEU’s).
Our courses are designed by operators for operators and are taught by men and women with years of experience in the Water/Wastewater Industry.
CRWA will come to your facility on your schedule to provide quality training to your operators and managers. Our On-Site Education Training Program offers the following:
- Customized training in an array of pre-developed courses or on a topic of your choice.
- SWRCB contact hours and/or CWEA hours that will count toward requirements for Distribution, Treatment and Collection certifications.
Whether your employees need a few hours or several days of continuing education training, CRWA can tailor a training program to meet your system’s needs.
CRWA will now be able to help its members collectively leverage their buying power through the value added products and services offered in our new Preferred Provider Program. Members will have access to:
- An average savings of 20% on laboratory analytical services.
- Discounted engineering, treatment equipment and storage tank services.
- Special discounted rates on leak detection services.
Due to the overwhelming requests for in-depth technical assistance, CRWA has established the Specialized Utility Services Program (SUSP). The program will fill the gap where our current Technical Assistance programs are not funded or structured to perform. SUSP is a fee-based program that will provide a full range of services to CRWA member systems that need assistance in all areas and phases of utility operations and maintenance. CRWA members will receive a 30% discount on all services provided by SUSP.
Associate Member Application
Associate Member Benefits
California Water Journal
A quarterly publication designed to keep members up-to-date on available trainings, the latest technology, innovative solutions to water and wastewater problems, and the latest regulations. Over 1,000 members receive the California Water Journal!
Advertisements in the California Water Journal are available in business card, ¼ page, ½ page, and full page sizes. Click here for advertising information.
Reduced Exhibitor Fees at Conferences
The Education & Exhibitor Expo is a great ways to show off your products and network with water and wastewater system operators, managers, and directors. Hundreds of water and wastewater system personnel attend the our conference to earn necessary contact hours and network with peers and vendors.
A direct link in your appropriate product category on our website
Every day, system members and nonmembers alike contact CRWA looking for service referrals. Referrals are always given from our associate members list.
Receive a free Membership Directory to help you get in touch with CRWA system members.
Professionalism & Excellence
Receive automatic confidence from prospective clients based on your relationship with CRWA.