The Academy of Water Education is the on-site training center of the California Rural Water Association. Our field-experienced instructors know the ins and outs of being an operator and bring their practical knowledge to the classroom. Courses are taught in classroom and hands-on workshop settings. Our approach is unique and takes the learning experience from theoretical to practical.
March 12-16, 2018
JUne 11-15, 2018
September 10-14, 2018
December 3-7, 2018
ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT: CRWA HEADQUARTERS, 1234 NORTH MARKET BLVD., SACRAMENTO, CA 95834
If you prefer to register by fax, email, or mail please download:
Location: CRWA Training Headquarters, 1234 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834
This course satisfies the 36 hour (3-unit) Specialized Training Requirement for the Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator exam.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Class materials and a calculator with a ten-digit display will be provided.
Upon successful completion of class, students will be able to:
- Define pipe maintenance and pipe features.
- Explain reducing agents, trihalomethanes, and breakpoint chlorination.
- Identify the different types of chlorine equipment and their uses.
- Explain basic distribution system construction and design.
- Summarize the factors that influence disinfection and describe the various types of disinfectants.
- Identify the importance of proper system surveillance, water quality monitoring, and cross connection.
- Explain the significance of lock out/tag out standards.
- Calculate square feet, cubic feet, volume, conversion of flows, pounds formula, mg/L, velocity, detention time and pressure.
- Understand and explain basic regulatory requirements as they relate to the operation of a distribution system.
- Identify the importance of sampling and sampling plans, and demonstrate proper sampling procedures.
- 36 Water Contact Hours or 3.6 IACET Continuing Education Units
- 36 REHS/CEUs
Daily Class Schedule:
- Sign In: 7:45am on Monday
- Class: Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-12pm
- Lunch provided daily.
- A confirmation letter and map will be EMAILED to you within two weeks of the class date so please make sure your email address is valid.
- All registrants who have registered and paid for the class at least seven business days prior to the class will receive their certificate on-site.
- If any registrant requires special accommodations for disabilities, please contact our office at 800-833-0322 Cancellations must be received by CRWA in writing five business days prior to the event to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received within this time frame will be subject to a refund less a $25 processing fee.
- All class transfer requests must be received five business days prior to the class and are subject to CRWA approval. Transfers will only be valid within the same calendar year.
To register online, please fill out the form below: