The CRWA Academy of Water Education is offering a five-day Backflow Tester Certification Course at the Academy of Water Education in Sacramento. This class meets SWRCB requirements for initial backflow tester certification.
March 26-30, 2018
October 30-November 2, 2018
ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT THE CRWA TRAINING FACILITY, 1234 N. MARKET BLVD., SACRAMENTO, CA 95834
If you prefer to register by fax, email, or mail please download:
Location: CRWA Training Headquarters, 1234 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834
INFORMATION FOR ATTENDEE:
Applications for AWWA testing must be submitted to them directly along with payment, click here for the application.
Application for NCBPA, can be submitted with payment directly to CRWA, click here for the application.
DAY 1: Introductions, hydraulics of backflow, case histories/backflow incidents, definitions, backflow prevention assemblies, reduced-pressure principle backflow assembly (RPBA), testing the RPBA, student testing practice on RPBA, homework
DAY 2: Section I review, responsibilities of certified testers, student testing practice on RPBA, troubleshooting the RPBA, regulations, types of hazards and protection, student testing practice on RPBA, after-class homework
DAY 3: Section II review, double check valve assembly (DCVA), testing the DCVA and the DCDA, student testing practice on DCVA, after-class homework
DAY 4: Review of Sections III, IV, and definitions, student practice on RPBA and DCVA test procedures, pressure vacuum breaker (PVB) and spill-resistant vacuum breaker (SVB), student testing practice on PVB and SVB, troubleshooting the PVB and SVB, student practice on PVB and SVB test procedures and troubleshooting, test gauge care, basic assembly repair, confined space entry training (competent person), after-class homework
DAY 5: Discussion of Section V review questions, review of all material, written exam, student practice of all four assemblies, practical test procedure exam
- 36 SWRCB Water Contact Hours
Daily Class Schedule:
- Class: Monday 9:00am to 5:00pm | Tuesday to Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Lunch provided daily 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
- A confirmation letter and map will be EMAILED to you within two weeks of the class date so please make sure your email address is valid.
- All registrants who have registered and paid for the class at least seven business days prior to the class will receive their certificate on-site.
- If any registrant requires special accommodations for disabilities, please contact our office at 800-833-0322 Cancellations must be received by CRWA in writing five business days prior to the event to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received within this time frame will be subject to a refund less a $25 processing fee.
- All class transfer requests must be received five business days prior to the class and are subject to CRWA approval. Transfers will only be valid within the same calendar year.
To register online, please fill out the form below: