July 25, 2018: Barstow (San Bernardino County): Location: TBD
September 27, 2018: Valley Springs (Calaveras County): Location: TBD
If you prefer to register by fax, email, or mail please download:
Topics of Discussion:
Leak Detection Principals: Discussion of what causes leaks, types of leaks and hidden leaks? Discussion on what type of management program you have developed, proactive or reactive. We will discuss the methods of updated technology of leak detection equipment and if a leak detection survey required. We will discuss why ppublic water systems depend on distribution systems to provide an uninterrupted supply of pressurized safe drinking water to all consumers.
Mapping: Maping water distribution systems consist of an interconnected series of components systems that should meet fire protection needs. New pipes are added to distribution systems as development occurs. As these systems age, deterioration can occur due to corrosion, materials erosion, and external pressures. Deteriorating water distribution systems can lead to-breaches in pipes and storage facilities, intrusion due to water pressure fluctuation, main breaks and protecting water quality in distribution systems.
Line Locating: Prior to excavating a job site, utility location services should be utilized to prevent unexpected collisions with existing lines below ground. Utility location allows you to avoid costly and time-consuming issues that could arise by digging without subsurface knowledge. California state law says: You must contact DigAlert, BEFORE you dig!
Michael Sims, CRWA Trainer, has 28 years of experience in the water industry, as a certified operator. He is experienced in Leak Detection Survey, ground micing, pipe locating, mapping, troubleshooting, modern methods of leak detection, sonic leak detection, and correlation equipment.
- 4 SWRCB Water Contact Hours
- 4 REHS/ CEUs
Daily Class Schedule:
- Sign In: 8:00am
- Class: 8:30am to 12:30pm
- A confirmation letter and map will be EMAILED to you within two weeks of the class date so please make sure your email address is valid.
- All registrants who have registered and paid for the class at least seven business days prior to the class will receive their certificate on-site.
- If any registrant requires special accommodations for disabilities, please contact our office at 800-833-0322 Cancellations must be received by CRWA in writing five business days prior to the event to qualify for a refund.
- Cancellations received within this time frame will be subject to a refund less a $25 processing fee.
- All class transfer requests must be received five business days prior to the class and are subject to CRWA approval. Transfers will only be valid within the same calendar year.
To register online, please fill out the form below: