HSWDA Well Program

What is the Household/Small Water System Drought Assistance (HSWSDA) Program?

Funded through a grant from the State Water Resources Control Board, Agreement No. D15-11-953 [C/A 950].

The HSWSDA program provides grants to facilitate interim or permanent drinking water solutions for individual households and small water systems (serving fewer than 15 connections) experiencing drought-related drinking water emergencies or threatened emergencies.

Eligibility is based on property ownership, household income, and a debt-to-income ratio. The maximum amount available is $45,000 for each household or $100,000 for each small water system, as applicable, per drought-related drinking water emergency.

Funding for this program is provided through a grant from the State Water Resources Control Board.

 How do I apply?

Step One: Please read all eligibility and recipient requirements before you complete the application.

Step Two: Fill out the whole application form. Sign and date the form on page 5.

Step Three: Confirm your eligibility by providing copies of the following materials:

Step Four: Submit the completed application form with all eligibility documents in person, by fax (916-553-4904) or by mail to:

California Rural Water Association
Attn: Drought Assistance Program
1234 N. Market Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95834

For questions or additional information about the H/SWSDA program, please call CRWA at 916.553.4900 or 800.833.0322, or email inquiries to lslabosnitskiy@calruralwater.org.

You will be notified in writing of your eligibility within 30 days.